.
United Way for Southeastern Michigan
HomeAbout UsOur WorkGiveVolunteerAdvocateGet HelpNews and ResearchCampaign ResourcesPartner Resources
In the News
Our Research & Reports
Blog
Electronic Newsletters
Podcasts
Videos
 
Campaign Center
Speak United Blog


Friday, October 30, 2009

The digital meet 'n' greet: The beginning

In my role as webmaster at United Way, I review every piece of electronic communication that comes to us via the website. If you fill out one of our contact forms, or make a donation, or comment on a blog post, or sign up for a newsletter or send a letter to your Senator using our online tools, I see it.

I monitor all the conversations that are taking place on the web about our organization as well. If there's a blog post, or comment on a news story, or a Tweet about United Way, chances are, I see that too.

It's one of my favorite, and least favorite, parts of my job.

It's my favorite because, admittedly, I'm nosey. I just like knowing what's going on. But, more than that, I love connecting with those that care enough about the work this organization and its volunteers are doing to drop us an email or make a donation or write about their experience with us online. I believe in the good work of United Way and I like to meet like-minded folks.

But then there are the neigh sayers and they make this part of my job so very unpleasant.

Click here to read more.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Live Unitedâ„¢